A great recipe for any day of the week! From Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book. She was inspired by everything bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended-McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls (or other rolls of choice)
- green leaf lettuce
- sliced beefsteak tomato
- sliced red onion
- Place the salmon in a food processor and pulse to coarse grind the fish.Transfer the fish to a mixing bowl and season with the grill seasoning, poppy and sesame seeds, onion flakes, and dill. Use your hands to mix, then divide into 4 equal portions and form each portion into a patty.
- Heat a about a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side for a pink center, 4-5 minutes on each side for fully cooked.
- While the burgers cook, combine the cream cheese with the scallions. Fold in the sour cream and lemon juice. Split and lightly toast the rolls.
- Serve the burgers on the toasted buns topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and some of the cream cheese sauce.
Sooo easy, tasty and definately one to make again and again. Like another reviewer the sauce was delicious and I'm sure great on some other dishes. Thanks for posting. Made for All Aboard the LOVE Train.
Yummy! I liked these alot. The sauce totally makes them! It's fantastic and I will be using that for some other things, I think. Thanks, Sharon! Made for PRMR.
These are great! Lots of flavor and easy to prepare. I don't have a food processor, so I chopped the salmon finely by hand and it worked out wonderfully. Thanks for sharing!