A great recipe for any day of the week! From Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book. She was inspired by everything bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended-McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls (or other rolls of choice)
- green leaf lettuce
- sliced beefsteak tomato
- sliced red onion
- Place the salmon in a food processor and pulse to coarse grind the fish.Transfer the fish to a mixing bowl and season with the grill seasoning, poppy and sesame seeds, onion flakes, and dill. Use your hands to mix, then divide into 4 equal portions and form each portion into a patty.
- Heat a about a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side for a pink center, 4-5 minutes on each side for fully cooked.
- While the burgers cook, combine the cream cheese with the scallions. Fold in the sour cream and lemon juice. Split and lightly toast the rolls.
- Serve the burgers on the toasted buns topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and some of the cream cheese sauce.