Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty spin on the ever popular and versatile potato...another fabulous side dish!
- 4 large potatoes, peeled,sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- boil potatoes until fork tender.
- drain and place into an 8 x 8 (2 qt.) shallow baking pan.
- mix garlic, onion, heavy cream, cream cheese, and butter in a large bowl and spread evenly over potatoes.
- top with pepper, paprika, and cheese.
- bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- serve hot and enjoy!
I have put together a much easier version of potatoes than this one, using less ingredients with much better results. I thought it was a little heavy although I did like the crunchiness of the onions.
What's not to like? I didn't have any heavy cream on hand so just used 2% (I used a little less) - it turned out great! - Even my most picky potato eater (usually will only eat mashed) loved this one! Thanks
Its funny how everybody has different tastes, I tried this recipie and thought it was wonderfull. My whole family loved it. Thanks for posting Meredith.