Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe made delicious chewy cookies. I know you can't really call cookies healthy but I did what I could to make them a little better. The flours and flax that I use can all be replaced with all purpose flour if you like. Anytime I use raisins I like to soak them for a few minutes in warm water. This plumps and softens them nicely. Just squeeze out the water when you are ready to add them.
- 1 cup butter, Softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together Butter and Sugar.
- Add eggs and Vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Excluding the milk. Optional: Soak raisins in warm water for a few minutes while you mix dry ingredients to give them a chance to plump and soften. Squeeze out the water and mix them in with the dry ingredients.
- Combine Dry mix and Wet mix together and add milk.
- Roll into balls about 1.5 inches.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown.