Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You will never believe these are low fat. Your kids will never know that you're hiding whole wheat flour in this. Only your love handles will be disappointed! This is adapted from my Everything Nice Coconut Oatmeal Cookies which are amazingly good cookies but now you can have them with only 4 tablespoons (!) of butter.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips or 1 cup raisins
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and applesauce.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips just until well combined.
- Chill for twenty minutes.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet leaving space for cookies to expand.
- Bake in a 350 oven for about 10 minutes or when nicely browned.