There's lots of spice in this one. A real crowd pleaser too and it makes a lot so I usually freeze half.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) or 1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) bag chocolate chips or 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cream butter and sugars together. Add vanilla, eggs and spices.
- Add rest of ingredients except for chocolate chips if using.
- Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop large spoonfouls about 3" apart on large greased cookie sheet or ungreased parchment paper (works much better!).
- Push tops down slightly with back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for about 10-12 minutes or when edges are turning brown and centers are almost set.