Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Everything goes in these ultra flavorful and garlicky mashed potatoes. It's so worth it! Sometimes I coarsely mash these and leave a few small chunks for texture, and sometimes I whip these for a more smooth texture. Either way are divine!
- 1⁄2 bulb of garlic, peeled and roasted
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bottom off of a garlic head and peel off just the outer layers. (Cook entire garlic and have half left over, or cook half and save half).
- Make foil pocket and place garlic (bottom up) in the middle. Drizzle olive oil and salt over it.
- Roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel cut up potatoes and boil them until fork tender. Mash or whip to nearly desired consistency.
- When garlic is done, squish out roasted garlic from the peel with your hands into the bowl of mashed potatoes. Continue mashing.
- Continue adding each additional ingredient, stirring after each addition.
- Adjust half-and-half and oil to preferred consistency.
- Slice chives and top the mixed potatoes.
- Serve hot!
Everything, indeed ~ Right on! The bulb of garlic I had was small, so I used it all & mashed it up before adding to mashed potatoes, so that I didn't mash the potatoes TOO MUCH! I'd diced up the UNPEELED potatoes & steamed them before mashing 'cause I like the peelings! Everything else went in pretty much as directed, & the result was OUTSTANDING! Thanks for the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a tagged bonus for one of my invitees to the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]