Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cookie has a little bit of everything, except flour. It was a favorite of mine growing up and is still a hit at parties. The recipe in its original form makes a ton of cookies, so you may want to cut in half...
- In very large bowl, use mixer to combine first seven ingredients--eggs through peanut butter.
- Add oatmeal, candy, and chocolate chips and mix thoroughly by hand.
- If dough is too sticky, either refrigerate or add another 1/2 to 1 cup oatmeal.
- Scoop ice cream size balls of dough onto cookie sheets, with plenty of space in between.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes. If using two racks, switch top to bottom and bottom to top about halfway through.
The cookies are great, but the recipe is a little weak. Anyone who has made cookies before should be able to stumble through it, but I had to rewrite it so my kids could follow along. And why add the oats by hand? Do a half batch and let the mixer do the work. Watch out, these cookies can go from perfect to burnt in about a minute.
Made these this afternoon and they came out fantastic! Very easy to make too. I used my ice cream scoop to scoop the dough and ended up with exactly 60 cookies. I baked them for 11 minutes and let then cool for about 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. They came out nice and chewy. Thanks for the recipe I know I will be making these again soon.
Good cookie but be warned if you make the whole recipe you will have lots of cookies! I made some into balls and froze them to bake at a later date.