Recipe by ElenaK
This cookie has a little bit of everything, except flour. It was a favorite of mine growing up and is still a hit at parties. The recipe in its original form makes a ton of cookies, so you may want to cut in half...
Top Review by BusyMomOf2Toddlers
The cookies are great, but the recipe is a little weak. Anyone who has made cookies before should be able to stumble through it, but I had to rewrite it so my kids could follow along. And why add the oats by hand? Do a half batch and let the mixer do the work. Watch out, these cookies can go from perfect to burnt in about a minute.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 9 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain M&M's
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In very large bowl, use mixer to combine first seven ingredients--eggs through peanut butter.
- Add oatmeal, candy, and chocolate chips and mix thoroughly by hand.
- If dough is too sticky, either refrigerate or add another 1/2 to 1 cup oatmeal.
- Scoop ice cream size balls of dough onto cookie sheets, with plenty of space in between.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes. If using two racks, switch top to bottom and bottom to top about halfway through.