Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Light, crispy, chewy, sugary cookies with a cinnamony, gingery, nutty taste. Other ingredients such as rolled oats, raisins, chocolate chips or any other ingredient of your choice can be added to taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon nut oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- line a cookie tray with greaseproof paper, put nuts on tray and toast for 5 minutes in the oven.
- in a bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- in another large bowl, cream butter and oil and then add peanut butter, granulated sugar, honey and confectioners sugar.
- chop nuts coarsely and add to the sugar mix, stirring. if using candied ginger, add now. add spices and mix.
- add half flour mixture and stir. add remaining flour mixture, stirring.
- grease oven tray.
- roll cookie mixture into small balls of dough and set about 3 cm apart (they spread a lot). squash down with a fork.
- reduce oven temperature to 165 degrees celcius and bake for 10-15 minutes until a deep golden brown.
- leave to cool and harden for a minimum of 10 minutes and then enjoy!