Recipe by jenlyn33922
A deliciously filling cookie! So tasty, but heart healthy too. I sometimes use dried cranberries instead of raisins for a change. Makes a lot of cookies which is good because they go fast at my house!
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 cup Smart Balance butter spread
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups oats
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine raisins and water, set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar, peanut butter, egg, vanilla, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add flour and beat until smooth.
- Drain raisins and mix in oats, chocolate chips and raisins by hand.
- If too stiff add skim milk one tbs at a time.
- Drop batter in tablespoon size onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350. 8 minutes gives a softer cookie.
- Store in airtight container.