Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
My moms recipe for cookies that can be made with just about anything!
Make and share this Everything Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 cups Rice Krispies or 5 cups chocolate chips or 5 cups raisins or 5 cups nuts (or skor bits, granola, sunflower seeds, dried cherries - you can use a combination of any of these o)
- Mix all ingredients together up to the baking powder.
- When these are well mixed, add the 5 various cups of whatever you like and then mix by hand so as not to crush these ingredients.
- Roll into teaspoon size balls and bake at 375 for 12 minutes on an air bake pan.
- As a hint- bake them on wax paper on the cookie sheet to make the cookies softer.
I think the recipe may be missing an ingredient...like flour...I followed the recipe exactly and while the cookies tasted great, (almost too sweet, but the kids liked them) they spread everywhere...nothing to hold them together. For the five cups of stuff I added oatmeal, raisins and rice krispies.