Recipe by Mommy Diva
Love everything bagels? Try this fun twist on a classic chicken tender for your next gathering! Straight from RR show - recipe idea contributed by Andrew Caplan. ;) Yummy!!!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
If I could give more stars, I would! This is the second recipe going into our Best of 2012 cookbook. I love everything bagels and rolls, so this recipe seemed like a no-brainer. I am SO glad we tried it. I had one chicken breast half that I sliced lengthwise and laterally, to approximate the size of 4 large tenders, and I used a homemade house seasoning mix that contains only the salt, pepper and garlic flakes instead of those three in the recipe. The olive oil is a nice change from dredging in eggs, milk or mayo, and the seeds and spices stuck right to it. The chicken did not dry out at all in the oven, and didn't need the dipping sauce, but I couldn't stop dipping anyway! This was a quick and easy recipe for a busy weeknight. Thanks so much for posting it, Mommy Diva! Made and enjoyed in support of your fight. :D
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 3 tablespoons garlic flakes
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt or 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling (EVOO)
- wood skewer, soaked in water for 10 to 15 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 6 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the minced onion, garlic flakes, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, black pepper and coarse salt on a plate and mix it all together.
- Coat the chicken tenders with some EVOO, giving them a toss to make sure they are completely covered.
- Place skewers through each chicken tender lengthwise.
- Dip each skewer of chicken into the seed mixture and turn to coat.
- Continue until all the chicken have been coated then transfer skewers to a nonstick baking sheet and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning them over about mid-way through the time.
- While the chicken is cooking make the dipping sauce:
- In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and sour cream.
- Stir in the chopped scallions and season with a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the oven and serve with the scallion-cream cheese dipping sauce.
- Enjoy! ;).