Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
aka Autumn Loaf Cake. The recipe is from Aunti M's best friend, Helen. It's got everything in it but the kitchen sink in it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, 4x
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream, sub. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a large loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients (omit chips & nuts).
- In a large bowl, cream butter, vanilla and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients, alternating with the pumpkin.
- Stir in chips and 1/4 walnuts.
- Put mixture into loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts on the top.
- Bake 60-70 minutes until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely before inverting.
- Make Glaze:.
- Combine 4x sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg with cream or milk.
- Drizzle over loaf.
An awesome pumpkin bread! Love the title! So true and delicious!