Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
For a festive touch during the holiday season,use red and green candy-coated chocolate pieces.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal or 1 cup corn flakes or 1 cup other non-sugar-coated cereal
- 3⁄4 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In separate large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and creamy,1 minute.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Using wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture, oats, coconut, cereal, candy-coated chocolate pieces and semi-sweet chocolate until combined. (Dough will seem crumbly).
- Form dough into 2 tablespoon balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of 350°F oven, rotating and switching pans half-way through,(to ensure even cooking) for about 12 minutes or until edges and tops begin to brown.
- Remove from oven; press center of each cookie with bottom of glass tumbler; transfer to racks and let cool.