Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is the "new & improved" version of the original recipe I posted.
Make and share this Everything But the Kitchen Sink Cookies II recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries (, such as Craisins)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients--flour, baking soda, baking powder& salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter (or margarine), shortening, sugar& brown sugar until light& fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients with butter mixture.
- Add oats, chips, coconut, raisins, cranberries& nuts (you'll need to mix by hand, unless you want to kill your mixer!) Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets, using a 1-ounce ice cream scoop.
- Flatten dough with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake approximately 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
These were the first cookies I had tried in search for a recipe similar to the cookies at Fresh Market. I will not be looking any farther. These are to die for delicious. My favorite so far. Easier to do than they seem. I personally placed the choc. chips, nuts, raisins, & coconut in a separate bowl until I was ready for them. I mixed them in by hand once rest was ready for them. I am high elevation, so convection (if you have it) is a must. Flatten slightly and bake. YUM! Thanks for posting Mary.