Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Credit for these fabulous cookies goes to the man known online as Ralf_Kramden. I got this recipe from him, and I've never gone back to "regular" chocolate chip cookies again.
- 532.32 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter (2 sticks)
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 7.39 ml pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml nuts, chopped (Walnuts, Hazelnuts or Pecans, or mixture)
- 354.88 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml white chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml butter brickle, pieces
- 118.29 ml butterscotch chips (or 1/4 cup each) or 118.29 ml peanut butter chips (or 1/4 cup each)
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter, granulated and brown sugars, vanilla extract and eggs (adding one at a time and beating well.) Gradually beat the flour mixture into the large bowl.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients; nuts, both kinds of chocolate chips, brickle pieces and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let stand 2 minutes, and remove to cooling rack.
This is even better with 3/4 to 1 cup coconut!
Wow!!! Really really wonderful cookies!!!!! I halved this recipe because I had just enough of all the chips and nuts to make half a batch. I came out with 33 cookies so I think the yield on this whole recipe would be more like 66 cookies!!!! I did the rounded teaspoon size too!! I baked one pan of cookies for the 10 minutes and I decided that was about a minute too long because they got more brown than I would like them. I think 9 minutes is the perfect baking time on these. I used pecans as my nuts and butterscotch chips and those were really great!! I had lots of oh my goshes and mmmmmmmm's serving these cookies so they were a definite hit!!!!!! It's the butterscotch chips that really make them sing so try to use them!! Thanks for the recipe!!
I cannot believe that this recipe has been on Zaar for 5 years and yet no one has ever reviewed it!! You all are missing out! These cookies are FANTASTIC! A 10-star recipe all the way. Absolutely everyone who has tried one has raved about them. I made them exactly as written, using walnuts and peanut butter chips. Even though I think some various combinations of nuts and chips might be fun, make sure you don't omit the butter brickle pieces; they really add a unique dimension to these cookies. I will definitely be making them again! I would suggest checking them at 9 minutes since in my oven they were a bit overdone at 10 minutes. Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic recipe! I'm only sorry I didn't find it sooner!