Recipe by Stylin'Dog
This is an adaptation of Resa66's Everything Breakfast Bar. My version does not use Splenda. Could easily be frozen in individual servings for a quick breakfast or anytime snack.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Made for PAC Fall 2008 ~ Very good! I made an adult version by soaking 3/4 cup raisins (all I had on hand) until plump in 1/2 cup Scotch Whiskey, along with the maple syrup and vanilla called for in the recipe. I used old fashioned oats, brown sugar instead of white, a 15 ounce can pumpkin, 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, and 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts ~ baked in 2 Pyrex pans for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. As seen in the photos, the bars cut nicely and are moist ~ from the 2 pans I got 50 square bars so I believe the serving size in the recipe may be incorrect, or were cut differently than mine. Thanks Stylin Dog!
- 8 cups quick oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease two 9" x 13" pans.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl, stirring well.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl (I use an 8 cup measure). Whisk thoroughly for a uniform, lump-free mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry. Stir well.
- Pour into greased pans and bake for 40 minutes. (I put one pan on each rack and switch them around after 20 minutes.).
- Letting them cool completely will make slicing easier, if you have the willpower to wait that long!