Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tired of the usual marinades for pork I made my own.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon berbere
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Add pork chops.
- Marinade at least four hours.
- Bake, grill, or pan fry pork chops.
I used this on a sliced pork tenderloin & found it flavorful. The mix of different spices come together to make a tasty chop! I didn't have berbere on hand so subbed cayenne and a dash of cloves. Made for Fall 2011 Pick A Chef!
Excellent marinade that I will use often. Made as written, except for halving the chilli and berber to accommodate a person who isn't a huge hot lover. Used with pork steaks. While they cooked, I simmered the marinade to use over the steaks. My photos are before and after cooking. Thanks for posting.
Made this the other day & used about 1/3 of it to marinate 2 chops for about 2 hours before baking them ~ Outstanding flavor from this marinade, so I think I'll keep the recipe around, thanks to you posting it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]