Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Peanut butter + oatmeal + dark chocolate + m&ms = one fabulous cookie. I first started to make just M&M cookies, and then I just kept adding things into the dough. This cookie has a wonderful texture, nice and chewy, but crisp at the same time!
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cream shortening, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1/2 cup flour and stir until incorporated. Add another 1/2 cup of oatmeal and flour and repeat. Add enough flour and oatmeal til dough forms. Stir in M&Ms and dark chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoon onto greased baking sheets. Bake cookies until edges and center of cookie is golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove and let sit for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.