Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The beauty of Casseroles is you virtually cannot make a mistake. I am equally guided by my cravings, the food we have on hand and optimizing nutritional content when inventing any dish. To maximize the protein portion here I added the chick peas on a whim. This dish makes a nice any meal: lunch, snack or dinner. Enjoy!
- 4 (5 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water
- 2 potatoes (peeled, cubed and steamed until tender)
- 2 carrots (diced and steamed)
- 1 lb chickpeas (one 16 ounce can cooked)
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby peas
- 21 ounces fat-free chicken broth (2 cans 98% fat free cream of)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 15 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt (Lemon Pepper)
- Cook noodles to desired tenderness. Drain but do not rinse. In a very large bowl mix all ingredients until well combined. Microwave individual servings as desired.