Recipe by CN47165
This dense, moist, muffin-textured loaf is a favorite wherever I serve it. It freezes well, and tastes even better when it's had a chance to sit for a few hours after baking.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375,.
- Hull and chop the fresh strawberries, toss with 1/4 cup sugar and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add the sugared strawberries, and stir to coat the berries.
- Melt the 1/2 cup coconut oil in the microware, cool slightly then stir in the 1/2 cup milk, and 1 egg, beat lightly to mix. Pour liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined (mixture may be slightly lumpy).
- Pour into a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a serving plate. Let stand until completely cool before slicing. May be wrapped and frozen once completely cool.