1/3 Photos of Everyone's Favorite Buns
These yeast buns are light and tender and perfect to serve with any main dish, salad or soup. Recipe I got from Land O Lakes. Note: Time doesn't include rising time, which is approximately 1 hr and 45 mins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place milk and 4 tablespoons butter in 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes. Add enough warm water to measure 2 cups.
- 2Combine sugar, egg and salt in large bowl; mix well. Add milk mixture; mix well. Stir in yeast; let stand 2 minutes.
- 3Add 3 cups flour. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth and elastic. Add 2 cups flour. Mix dough with hook or stir in by hand until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour by hand to make dough easy to handle.
- 4Place dough into greased bowl. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter; brush top of dough. Reserve remaining melted butter. Cover; let rise until double in size (about 45 minutes). (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.).
- 5Punch down dough; divide in half. Shape each half on lightly floured surface into 12 buns. Place buns onto two greased (15x10x1-inch) jelly-roll pans. Brush with reserved melted butter. Cover; let rise until double in size (about 1 hour).
- 6Heat oven to 375°F Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately. Brush buns with reserved melted butter, if desired.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Everyone's Favorite Buns
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 128.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g