Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy, spicy, and something a bit different than what is usually served at a party. We have handed out this recipe countless times. My sister-in-law gave me this recipe and I think it originally came from allrecipes.com. This freezes and thaws well for a quick dip for company or a weeknight meal. We use light soup, cream cheese, Velveeta, and sour cream, so it's not quite so bad for us. I'm sure fat-free products could be used, but probably at the expense of the creaminess.
- 2 (737.08 g) can chicken, drained and shredded
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 113.39 g monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 177.44 ml Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 177.44 ml salsa (we like hot)
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies, drained
- Place all ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
- Place in microwave (covered) and cook on high until completely melted, stirring often. The time will depend on the strength of your microwave.
- Enjoy with tortilla or corn chips.
- 1 small onion, diced, and 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped, may be substituted for the salsa. We find the salsa to be quicker.
- When taking to parties, we microwave this in a large glass bowl that fits in my portable case. We use the heat pack in the case to keep it warm until we get to the party, and then pour into a crockpot, turned on to low.
Made this pretty much as given, though I did use a mild Picante salsa! Even ended up freezing some of it just to see how that would affect its texture & taste when it was defrosted! Anyway, it's great & we thoroughly enjoyed it, so will be keeping the recipe around for a while! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]