Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my mom's recipe. It's super easy and is much more like a chicken divan (no rice or noodles). There are rarely any leftovers and my boys request it more often than I like to make it..hehe!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 (18 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used italian trio)
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb
- Butter your bread crumbs by melting 1/3 cup butter in a skillet and adding crumbs. Cook on medium low until just warmed.
- Meanwhile, layer the broccoli on bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Mix soup with the milk/cream and pour about half of this mixture over broccoli. Layer chicken over soup. Pour rest of soup mixture over chicken. Cover the top with shredded cheese, and then layer with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes, then turn down heat to 300 for an additional 25-30 minutes.
This is one of my favorites from our Dining Common at school. We called it Chicken Broccoli Bake there.
An excellent casserole you have posted! All the little kids were saying ,"This rocks casserole". Translated to 'this casserole rocks'. lol I used left over chicken I had in the freezer, healthy choice soup, sharp cheddar cheese and italian bread crumbs. Since I put this in my Pampered chef stone baking pan I baked at 375 for 10 minutes, then 350 for 25 and 300 for 30. I came out perfect! I'll make this again. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game