Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe many years ago from one of my favorite Canadian author/teacher, Ann Lindsay. This recipe never gets boring as there are many variations to choose from. It is fun to play around, coming up with something new each time!
- In a small bowl, combine oil, water, garlic, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Variations: Add ONE of the following to the dressing: 1 tsp sesame oil. 1/4 tsp cumin. 1 fresh Parmesan cheese, grated.
- Herb Dressing: Add 2 T chopped fresh herbs (basil, dill or parsley or a combination).
- Poppyseed Dressing: Omit mustard and garlic. Add 1 T poppy seeds and 1 tsp sugar.
- Ginger Garlic Dressing: use 1 T each of vegetable oil and sesame oil; add 1 tsp finely minced gingerroot, omit mustard.
Easy, tasty, and endless possibilities. I made both the poppy seed version for a green salad and one with cumin, cider vingear, and extra garlic as a dressing for a chickpea salad.
Really loved this tasty dressing! I used olive oil and lemon juice, and prepared the herb variation with parsley and thyme. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Variety Is The Spice Of Life 2013
So easy to make and so tasty. Made two variations, one with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh herbs, using basil and oregano. The other one was with olive oil, lemon juice and extra garlic. Both were delicious. This recipe is very versatile and I love the idea of different combinations. Thanks for posting. Made for Variety is the Spice of Life, Spring 2013.