Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
havent tried it yet, but as soon as i get soft tofu, i will definitly try
- 2 1⁄4 cups natural cane sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup soft tofu
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate soymilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine applesauce, tofu, soymilk and vanilla in food processor, and process until well blended.
- Add tofu mixture to dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until batter is set and top is dry, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in pan; cut into bars and serve.
These are a cake-y brownie with really good flavor. I'm sure these won't last long around here. The best part was getting to lick the bowl! No eggs! Yay! ~ Oh! I only baked them for 40 minutes. Reviewed for Pick-A-Chef.