Recipe by Puppies777
This is a quick meal that comes from the staples in your pantry and freezer. It has a rich, long-cooked taste. A loaf of crusty bread slathered with butter and it’s dinner. Try this delicious one pot meal that's on the table in 35 minutes and an easy clean-up.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package hunter sauce mix
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup nonfat beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ounce ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1 (15 ounce) can potatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger in 4 qt pot.
- Add onions and simmer until onions are thawed.
- Add butter, sauce mix, wine, tomato sauce and water; stir. Add savory, basil, Worcestershire and ketchup. Stir until well blended bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add peas and carrots then simmer, uncovered, for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes (drained) and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.