11 hrs 30 mins
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution’ by ATK
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork butt, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1Microwave onions, chili powder, oil, garlic, chipotles, coriander, and cumin in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- 2Stir tomato sauce and sugar into slow cooker.
- 3Season pork with salt and pepper, and add to slow cooker, and coat evenly with sauce mixture.
- 4Cover and cook until pork is tender, 9-11 hours on LOW or 5-7 hours on HIGH.
- 5Transfer pork to large bowl, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces, discarding excess fat; cover to keep warm.
- 6Let braising liquid settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon.
- 7Toss shredded pork with 1 cup braising liquid as needed to keep meat moist and flavorful.
- 8Stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Use as filling for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Everyday Shredded Pork Filling
Serving Size: 1 (2135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 941.3
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 224.5 mg
- Sodium 907.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 67.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo