Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Everyday Paleo.
Make and share this Everyday Paleo Salisbury Steak recipe from Food.com.
- In a large mixing bowl place the ground beef, spinach, egg, crushed garlic, sea salt and thyme and using your hands mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium high heat.
- While the butter is melting, form the hamburger mixture into thin oval patties (makes 7).
- Place the patties into the hot melted butter; make sure it sizzles, you want the pan to be nice and hot!
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side, the meat should be nice and browned on both sides.
- You’ll have to cook these in batches so add more butter or coconut oil if necessary.
- Once all the steaks are done, place in the oven to keep warm and now it’s time for the gravy!
- In the same pan that you just cooked your steaks in, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Saute the onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms in the butter until tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the beef broth and deglaze the pan (scrap all the bits off the bottom of the pan that might still be there from cooking the steaks).
- Bring to a boil and add the coconut milk and pepper.
- Mix well, bring back to a boil.
- At this point you’ll want to turn the heat down until the gravy is just simmering.
- Now you’ll want to reduce the gravy by stirring frequently for about 10 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve the steaks with the gravy ladled over the top and garnished with diced flat leaf Italian Parsley.