Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Microwave meatloaf recipe originally from Cooking Light. Browning a bit of cheese on top gives it a nice oven-baked look.
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium marinara sauce
- 1⁄3 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine first 8 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl; stir gently to combine. Spread beef mixture evenly in a 9 1/2-inch microwave-safe loaf dish coated with cooking spray; do not pack beef mixture into dish. Loosely cover with a paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle meat loaf with cheese; broil 3 minutes or until browned.