Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is adapted from the Broccoli Frittata recipe in Food & Wine March 2012. I use this recipe to reinvent leftover veggies and to get my little one to eat them. After experimenting with many frittata recipes, I find I like the ones with a little milk or cream. Also, you can change the vegetables and seasonings as desired. It works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook garlic in 1T of oil over medium high heat for approx 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and red pepper and cook for 1 minute. Stir in 2 T water, season with salt and pepper, and cover. Cook over medium heat until the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. If using leftover vegetables, skip this step and add them directly to the egg mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper, milk (or cream), and Parmigiano or other cheese.
- Stir broccoli or other vegetables into egg mixture.
- Return skillet to stovetop and heat remaining 1 T of oil. Pour in egg mixture and cook over moderately low heat until set around edges - approx 3 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the center is set, approx 12-18 minutes.
- Finish under the broiler for approx 2 minutes until top has darkened. Serve warm or room temperature.