Recipe by Cheri Lee
This is the easiest chocolate cake recipe I have ever made! It is so good and uncomplicated that it can be altered to make many variations if you'd like! Hint: a quality, high-fat cocoa works best.This is from Martha Stewarts Everyday Food, June 2004 Issue .
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment or wax paper; butter paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; with an electric mixer, beat on low speed until moist. Raise speed to medium; beat until smooth, about 3 minutes more.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean with a few moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan for minutes; invert onto a wire rack.
- Remove paper; reinvert to cool completely.
- Top with frosting or dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.