This is a delicious and easy coffee cake that my mom used to make frequently when I was younger! It's so simple to whip it up and toss it in the microwave! I've also made this using reduced fat Bisquick, applesauce in place of the oil, and Egg Beaters in the batter to make it a little healthier, and it still tasted fabulous.
- In mixing bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix and white sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup milk, egg, and oil.
- Beat by hand, mixing well.
- Pour into greased 8-inch round dish.
- Blend 1/3 cup biscuit mix, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter and sprinkle with nuts.
- Microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes. (6 minutes always works perfectly in my microwave.).
- Cool 15 minutes; drizzle with fine glaze.
- Serve warm.
- Glaze: Stir together confectioner's sugar and 1 Tbsp milk.
- From tip of spoon, drizzle glaze over cake in spoke fashion.