Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I call this "Everyday Chicken" because it uses ingredients normally on-hand, can be modified to use what you do have, tastes wonderful, goes with anything, and is easy. Either marinate for a couple hours, or overnight and just pop in the oven for about an hour. Or, grill for a delicious, light chicken entree. Prep time includes marinating.
- 2 large bone-in chicken breasts, with skin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large lemons, juice of (about 3/4 to 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine (can use well-salted chicken stock)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3⁄4 tablespoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- In a large glass bowl (or other non-reactive material) mix onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, white wine, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, pepper, celery seed, and salt.
- Marinate chicken in this mixture at least 2 hours (but if you have time, preferably overnight).
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; then uncover and bake another 30 minutes or until chicken is done (no pink, with clear juices).
- This is also a fantastic and quick recipe for the grill!
This was a great easy way to prepare chicken. I had 3 bone-in chicken breast halves and marinated overnight. The flavor was good and the chicken came out very moist. I cooked them for a little over an hour total. I would definately want to try it on the grill!
Hi EdsGirl-- I made your recipe, and it was good. Used Garlic Tabasco sauce,and marinated 6 chicken half breasts, as there was plenty of marinade. The onion mentioned in the directions was not in the list of ingredients--and I forgot to put any onions in. I will use a bit more salt next time, but over all, the chicken was good, and had a nice lemon/garlic flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Carolie