Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
In 'The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook
Make and share this Everyday Cheese Omelets recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- **Recommend using 1 whole egg and 1/2 cup store-bought egg whites, to avoid wasting yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites, egg yolk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add half of the eggs and stir gently until they just begin to set, 5-10 seconds.
- Gently pull the cooked eggs back from one edge of the skillet and tilt the pan, allowing any uncooked egg to run to the cleared edge of the skillet.
- Repeat this process until the egg on top is mostly set but still moist, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese, and let it melt partially, about 10 seconds.
- Carefully slide half of the omelet onto a plate and , with a firm grip, tilt the skillet slightly to that the remaining half of the omelet folds over the filling in a half-moon shape and serve.
- Wipe out the skillet with paper towels and repeat with the remaining oil, egg mixture, and Parmesan.
- 160 calories, 10 g fat, 4 g carb, 12 g protein.
- **I prefer cheddar cheese on omelet and is what I use.