Recipe by Secret Agent
Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth I used to go to a neighborhood restaurant in Sea Girt NJ called Everybody's Cafe. They made a few dishes that were spectacular and their version of a turkey sandwich was wonderful. I tried to duplicate it and over the years and came up with this version.
- 1 pita pocket
- 4 ounces turkey breast (real, not formed lunchmeat)
- 2 lettuce leaves, Romaine (ribs removed)
- 1 ounce swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 carrot curls
- 2 slices cucumbers
- 2 olives, ripe
- 2 stuffed green olives
- 1 ounce green goddess salad dressing (green goddess or avocado)
- sliced avocado (optional)
- 1 slice lime (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the top third off of the pita and fill with lettuce, turkey, cheese, and cucumber.
- Garnish with the carrot curls, olives, lime and avocado. Serve dressing on the side.
- NOTE: To make carrot curls you should thinly slice a pared carrot lenghtwise (use a V-slicer or mandoline) and chill in a bowl of ice water to make it curl. If you have a stubborn carrot you can help it curl by winding the strip up and securing it with a toothpick. Do this the night before so you get a very pretty curl.