Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I did a google search and found this recipe prefaced with a lot of different names. Since all of the recipes were identical I thought I would give it a try to deplete my large supply of raisin bran cereal. It made a small loaf but turned out quite yummy! Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal, right from the box
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup warm water (or cool if recommended by your machine)
- 1 tablespoon warm water (or cool if recommended by your machine)
- Add all ingredients in the order recommended by your bread machine.
- The original recipe recommends the white bread setting. I used my whole wheat setting to warm the ingredients prior to mixing.
- Press "START".
I made this in my breadmaker just to mix and knead, then let the second rise happen in a bread pan, baked it at 350F for 35 mn. I only gave it four because 4 TBSP. is of sugar makes it too sweet for my taste. I knew that immediately, so I cut it down to two, but it was still plenty sweet. Next time I make this I will only add two tsp. or none at all! Thanks for sharing!
Made your recipe exactly as given except I used the dough cycle of my ABM and baked the loaf for about 35 min @ 350. My family loved the texture and flavor. A nice treat with tea and a great use for raisin bran cereal. Thanks for posting.