Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe while clipping coupons out of the Sunday newspaper. Havn't tried it yet, but it is on my list for dinner this week. Sounds easy and delicious.
- 1 (10 ounce) canvalley fresh premium white chicken meat, drained
- 4 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Layer broccoli in a 7" x 11" baking dish.
- Top with Valley Fresh Chicken.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder.
- Spread the soup mixture evenly over the chicken layer.
- Finish by sprinkling cheese on top and adding a light coating of bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 350 for one hour.
- If desired, place under broiler until lightly browned.
I also saw this in my newspaper and tried it. It is so easy and very tasty. I used low-fat ingredients to make it healthier. It's definitely a dish that I'll make again!
This recipe is very similar to a family favorite of ours. I found this recipe when i was doing a check to see if anyone had posted it. It's warm comfort food. Our recipe is different in that we use 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut up and we don't use curry powder but use a pinch of cayenne pepper. We bake it uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
I wasn't as pleased with this recipe as I thought I was going to be. I had some leftover cooked chicken in the freezer that I used instead of the canned chicken. I think I didn't like the curry-lemon juice combo. I might try some white wine or dry sherry next time instead. It was a great light meal, I served the guys some brown rice with it and they seemed to enjoy it. It makes a great weeknight meal, as you can put it together in the morning and whomever gets home first can pop it into the oven.