Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Anytime I go to a party or picnic, this dessert loaf is always requested. I took 8 mini-loaves to my husband's office Thanksgiving dinner and one of his partners took home four of them! This recipe came from my friend, who got it from her aunt. I entered '2 loaves' for number of servings. I hope that's right; I usually use mini-loaf pans. This is a very moist bread!! Do not overcook.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄8 cups oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter flavor extract
- Mix all ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Bake in loaf pans at 350° for 35 to 50 minutes.