Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for sleepovers, birthday parties, or any time you want to make your kids happy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 14 ounces pizza sauce (I use homemade style Ragu pizza sauce)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (or pizza blend)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the beef in a large frying pan. Salt & pepper to taste.
- After the beef is done, drain the excess grease & then place back into the pan. Turn the heat onto low, add the pizza sauce & parmesan cheese, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Place the hamburger buns halves on a large baking sheet. Spoon the beef onto the halves & top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted. (I like the bottoms a little crispy so I cook it a little longer.).
- Variations: If you like veggies you could add onions & peppers to the beef while it is browning or top with mushrooms.
I was served this exact recipe in grade school about a million years ago...Fridays were pizza burgers and not one child brought their lunch on that day. I love them! Might just have to make them for the comforting memory! Thank you!
I made this for 17 yo DS, who loved this burger!! I did do it a bit differently though, I grilled the burger and then topped with the mozzarella cheese to melt. I heated the pizza sauce, which I added the parmesan cheese to, in the microwave til it was warm. To finish it off, I topped the burger, which was on a bun, with the sauce. This is how it has been served to him at the restaurants here in town. Made for Stars Tag.
These were great! They brought back memories of eating Pizza Burgers at Tony's in Saginaw when I was a child....