Recipe by Nasseh
Great for sleepovers, birthday parties, or any time you want to make your kids happy.
Top Review by donnalynn56
I was served this exact recipe in grade school about a million years ago...Fridays were pizza burgers and not one child brought their lunch on that day. I love them! Might just have to make them for the comforting memory! Thank you!
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 14 ounces pizza sauce (I use homemade style Ragu pizza sauce)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (or pizza blend)
- 8 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the beef in a large frying pan. Salt & pepper to taste.
- After the beef is done, drain the excess grease & then place back into the pan. Turn the heat onto low, add the pizza sauce & parmesan cheese, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Place the hamburger buns halves on a large baking sheet. Spoon the beef onto the halves & top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted. (I like the bottoms a little crispy so I cook it a little longer.).
- Variations: If you like veggies you could add onions & peppers to the beef while it is browning or top with mushrooms.