I think my mother found this in a magazine in the 80's, and it has been a staple of our family ever since. Delicious, simple, and hearty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet.
- 3Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar to the beef and simmer on low until the pasta is done.
- 4Add the cooked pasta, stirring completely into the beef and tomatoes.
- 5Add 1 C of the cheese to the mix and stir until cheese is melted.
- 6Add the remainder of the cheese to the top of the casserole, spreading evenly. Cover and let sit on low until all the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Everybody's Favorite Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.3
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 340.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 21.8 g