Everybody’s Favorite Dry Ribs
- Make the rub: in a spice grinder or blender, pulse the rub ingredients for a few seconds until the seeds are coarsely ground; do in two batches, if necessary; the rub should have a slightly coarse texture.
- Spread the rub generously on all sides of the ribs and let stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- *Follow the grill’s instructions for using wood chunks.
- Grill the ribs, rib side down, over indirect medium heat until the meat is very tender and has pulled back from the ends of the bones, 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into individual ribs.