Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
My second favorite recipe from my ever famous mother in law! This is too easy and sooooooo good! It's also quite versatile. I've added some onion to the beef, threw in some green chiles, added shredded cheese on top w/ sour cream and of course hot sauce to taste. I have yet to meet a person that doesn't like this and they always get seconds! The leftovers aren't too shabby either.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) canold el paso salsa
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) canshormel chili without beans
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (If using hot Mexican Velveeta cheese, use mild salsa. If using reg. Velveeta, use hot salsa)
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- Brown the ground beef.
- Transfer back to pot and add the remaining ingrediants and stir over med-low until throughroughly incorporated.
- Serve w/ Tortilla Chips and enjoy!
Very easy and very good! I made this for a Super Bowl party yesterday and it was THE favorite dip there. Thank you for posting this recipe. I'm sure that I'll be making this again!
When my husband says a dip is delicious and comes back again and again for more it must rate 5+ stars any day of the year. There must be some awfully picky folks at a party that has any leftover of only 1 recipe made up. It has all the main characteristics of a 911 response - it is simple, easy, quick and the outcome is always good. Buttercup, thank your mother-in-law for the Darnells.