Recipe by alimel_01
These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever had! I get more compliments on these cookies than anything I have ever made. They are everyone's favorite at my work! They love them!!! My mom was in the kitchen one day going to make cookies when she just came up with these and they are sooo good!!! Hope you love them too!
Top Review by BarbaraNM
The perfect peanut butter cookie! I love soft cookies, any kind, as long as it is soft with a little bit of chewiness. These cookies are soft and delicious. As the name says everyone who had one loved them. I did cut the frosting recipe in half and still had a bit leftover. The frosting is very sweet so not much is needed. My new go-to peanut butter cookie recipe, we will have these again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (more if you like)
- powdered sugar, to thicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/4 sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Drop a teaspoonful of dough per cookie onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on cookie shee and then transfer to cooling rack.
- Mix 1 stick of melted butter and 3/4 cup of peanut butter together.
- Mix in powdered sugar until the mixture is thick enough to be spreadable.
- After cookies have cooled, spread the icing on them. Store in an air tight container.