Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever had! I get more compliments on these cookies than anything I have ever made. They are everyone's favorite at my work! They love them!!! My mom was in the kitchen one day going to make cookies when she just came up with these and they are sooo good!!! Hope you love them too!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/4 sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Drop a teaspoonful of dough per cookie onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on cookie shee and then transfer to cooling rack.
- Mix 1 stick of melted butter and 3/4 cup of peanut butter together.
- Mix in powdered sugar until the mixture is thick enough to be spreadable.
- After cookies have cooled, spread the icing on them. Store in an air tight container.
The perfect peanut butter cookie! I love soft cookies, any kind, as long as it is soft with a little bit of chewiness. These cookies are soft and delicious. As the name says everyone who had one loved them. I did cut the frosting recipe in half and still had a bit leftover. The frosting is very sweet so not much is needed. My new go-to peanut butter cookie recipe, we will have these again.
These are good cookies; very soft & peanut buttery. I used a cookie scoop to portion onto parchment paper & found I preferred the cookies a little larger than the teaspoon size recommended. Next time I will also decrease the icing amounts as I had quite a bit left over. Thanks for sharing your recipe! I will be using it again!. Made for Spring Pick A Chef 2010.
These are the best peanut butter cookies EVER! I couldn't stop getting compliments about them at work and when I made them for my family, they were gone in a day. The cookies are so soft and the peanut butter frosting give an extra burst of peanut buttery goodness. Definitely a must keep recipe!