Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Enjoy this lip smackin' treat for Diwali and New Year this year! From the Weekend magazine.
Make and share this Everybody Adores This Coconut Burfee recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the Nestle sweetened condensed milk, freshly grated coconut(which is mentioned as desiccated coconut is supposed to be freshly grated coconut that you have to use and not desiccated), milk and Nido milk powder into a thick bottmed pan and mix well.
- Heat this mixture, stirring continuously, to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once heated, cook on slow flame till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan. Add 1 teaspoons of powdered green cardamom and mix well.
- This takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Divide the mixture into 2 portions.
- Spread out one portion evenly onto a greased plate.
- To the other portion, add a few drops of green food colour and mix well.
- On mixing, you will get a pale green colour (Remember, its only a few drops of green food colour that you have to add. If you add too much, you'll have a dark green colour, and probably, you could then use this sweet for Halloween!) Spread the pale green colour layer on top of the white layer.
- Leave it to cool completely.
- When cooled, cut into squares and serve.
- Store refrigerated.