Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very Versatile Quick Bread. With one base recipe you can turn out all different kinds of bread. Including sweet breakfast breads. I have not tried this yet, I'm posting it for an ISO request.
QUICK BREAD BASE
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄3 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Gather the ingredients for the Quick Bread Base and one of the variations.
- Coat 4 small loaf pans with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients; blend well and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients; blend well.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients.
- Do not over mix.
- Distribute batter among the 4 pans, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Applesauce bread was easy and delicious. I used unsweetened applesauce. I also made the peanut-butter banana bread, which was fantastic!
I used the applesauce version and it was very tasty. Might have been just a bit dry. I will probably add butter next time instead of oil and increase the amount just a tad.
I enjoyed the taste of this bread. I added in 1/3 c strawberries, 1 banana, 1 c applesauce, 1 tsp cinnamon for my variation. It did not rise as much as I thought it would and just made 1 large loaf as opposed to 4 smaller ones. (When poured into 4 small pans it did not look to be enough for 4) so used a regular loaf pan. The texture and taste were very nice. Thank you. photo incl.