Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Boar's Head
Make and share this Everroast Chicken Layer-Cake Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 16 slices deli chicken
- 8 slices American cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- nonstick olive oil flavored cooking spray
- strawberry preserves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 4 slices of bread on a work surface and spread each slice with some mustard. Add 2 slices of the chicken, followed be a slice of cheese and another slice of bread. Repeat for a second layer with the mustard, chicken and cheese, and end with a slice of bread.
- Add the salt and pepper to the flour for first dipping bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk until smooth for second dipping bowl. Breadcrumbs are third dipping bowl.
- Coat sandwiches lightly in flour on all sides, then dip each lightly into eggs, then into breadcrumbs, covering all sides, keeping the egg batter from inside the sandwich.
- Spray each sandwich with cooking spray. Place each on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Serve with strawberry preserves if desired.