Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Its really beautiful dough!
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Grind yeast with salt and add
- 1 cup milk (can be cold)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 ounces soft margarine (stick not tub margarine)
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- Knead the dough till it doesn't stick to the hands and the dish any more. Form a ball and put the dough in a closed container to the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- NB: The dough should not be too thick and heavy, better add more flour when you form the pies.
- Take the dough out to the table coated with a bit of flour and roll into a sheet about 1/3-inch thick. Cut circles from the dough using a cup or a small plate as your shape. Take prepared circle put a teaspoon of the filling in the middle and bring the sides of the dough together to make a closed pie.
- Repeat with all circles, rolling the rest of the dough into a new sheet.
- Place the pies on a greased cookie-pan, brush/coat "wax" with some beaten egg (you can use a small brush for BBQ) - this step with make pies tanned. Bake in the oven at 400°F for 5 minutes, then decrease the heat to 350° and bake 15-20 minutes more till the pies are pale golden.