Recipe by Hugce
Got this great recipe at a bed and breakfast in New Hampshire. Batter keeps up to 6 weeks in refrigerator; makes lots of delicious muffins. High in fiber.
- 1 (15 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal
- 5 cups flour (unsifted)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine other ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix with spoon just to moisten.
- Fold mixture.
- Put in refrigerator overnight.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans, being careful to take batter from sides and not mix batter anymore.
- Bake on bottom rack at 400 degrees for 5 minutes; then bake on top rack 15 minutes.